Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Pallet Trestle

The first project I made from the pallets I bought was a pair of trestles for my my wife.  The design are basic and it should have taken a lot less time than it did, but sanding the wood down took forever.



I had to make clasps that held the planks while they where planed. These I made from off-cut angle iron, bolts and a stabilising blocks.


The ruff sanding I did with an angle grinder.


The assembly was quite easy after all the sanding.


Then on to the painting. White PVA, on both sides.



Finally attach the webbing strap, and we are done.


No comments:

Post a Comment